The Jerusalem Center

The Jerusalem Center
I get to live here for the next 4 months!

Monday, September 17, 2007

Read Read Read

For those of you that know me really well you know that I love to read. Well I have a flimsy hope that I'll enjoy it just as much when I make it home in December. ha ha. I'm not kidding you... we read A LOT! Yesterday I spent all day, and I mean all day, reading. That does not count studying! That is just reading the material we've been given! I wish I could explain to you... just help you understand... I spent probably eight hours straight yesterday reading (which actually isn't that far out for me... but not for school!) and then I still had other assignments and studying for quizzes left to do. (Don't worry I played volleyball all night instead of doing the other assignments :) ) So anyway I just had to vent that. I feel better now. Plus when I have a view like that (picture) for my study room everyday I guess I shouldn't complain.



So for obvious reasons (like my sanity) I chose to go out to the city today after class. So a group of us went to St. Anne's Church and the archaeological dig site of the Pool of Bethesda. It was really neat. In the Church we sang I Stand All Amazed. It was such an incredible feeling and the song spoke the words of my heart. The archaelogical site was sweet! And it's great because all of us have memorized all of world history practically (thanks to our Archaelogy class) so we actually have a clue what's going on now. After that we ran to the Western Wall for a few minutes. I love it there! There is such a diversity of people there and for people watchers like me it's wonderful! Here are some pictures...



Amy and I in the dig site


I just like the random... but greatness of it




I was way lucky with this picture. Master photographer thank you!



The Western Wall

Well until next time...

TTFN: ta ta for now

6 comments:

Roger and Laurene said...

Carlee - I remember when I went to school in Austria. We worked so hard in our European Humanities class. I had never before studied so much. It was good for me though. It helped me to know what I was seeing. I still remember those late night study fests but I also remember the sights and sounds of Europe. I believe the two are very much related. :) I love your blog - and thanks for being my "facebook friend" :) Love you! ~Mama Laurene

LaDawn said...

Carlee:

Sound like you are staying extremely busy with all that reading. You will be so smart and imformed when you get home.

Can complain about where you get to study though. It is so beautiful there. Aren't you glad you have practiced reading all day so many times.

We all all doing great, missing you immensly, and staying extremely busy. Cindy finally got her passport so she is really excited to go on Friday.

Keep smiling and hang in there with all the reading and homework. It will be worh it.

Love You lots,

Mom

Kristi said...

CARLEEEE!!!

I found you and your blog - Sounds like your experience is going really well, that's awesome! :) I Miss YOU!

Kristi

boyd said...

Carlee:

It sounds like you are having a great time.

Love,

Grandpa

boyd said...

Carlee,

Just practicing for grandpa.

Mom

boyd said...

Carlee just praciting again